Welcome to first grade! First grade is an exciting time in your child’s education and full of many learning experiences. I am very excited to be your child’s teacher and to work with you both during this time.
My name is Beth Murray and I have been part of the Belle Hall family and first grade since the school opened. I have been in education for 31 years and have taught in Charleston County Schools for most of this time. My undergraduate degree is from Clemson University and I am a true tiger fan! My Masters of Education degree is from The Citadel in the area of Reading. I worked for 12 years in Reading Recovery® and have extensive training in literacy instruction. My family consists of 3 children (and a daughter and son in law), 2 cats, and a wonderful husband.
During this school year I will strive to help each child:
- have fun learning
- become a critical thinker and an independent problem solver
- think like a mathematician and recognize that math is all around us
- develop as a reader and a writer
- have a global awareness of the world we live in and the role we play in it
- investigate science and explore the world around us
- work with peers and in cooperative learning groups